Okay so i really really suck at this blog thing!!! I'm sure no one reads them and, I'm sure no one cares but oh well I made Bri a promise.
Our Trip to Cali 2009:
As we loaded up the car in a mad dash to get on the road, i was thinking to myself "this is going to be a long trip". Man was i ever wrong! The drive was long yes, but it seemed to go by faster then expected! I only slept about 30min of the drive, we were pretty cramped in the back with three bodies. When we arrived in Cali we headed straight for Newport beach. The wind was blowing and the clouds were black and thick...i know what your thinking perfect beach weather right??? Wrong... But there we were anyways! The dilemma we were facing the night before was if we should leave early, or if we should get an hour or two sleep and then go. We were really itching for a vacation thus the mad dash to the car. Now the only issue we had was that our hotel would not be ready for us until two pm.... arrival time 8:00am...With the weather being "so " awesome we decided to go to breakfast and see if some of the clouds would move away from the beach. No such luck for us, however Phil had made a comment before we left that no matter what the weather he was swimming in the ocean. I was quite impressed that he kept his promise! Phil and Zoe jumped right in.. clouds, wind, cold water and all. The rest of us froze just sitting on the beach watching the crazy people in the water. We hung out on the beach for a while, building sand castles and collected sea shells ...for long while actually. We did walk around looking at some of the shops but a lot of them weren't even open yet. We were getting hungry again (mostly board and cold) so we went to grab some lunch. After Lunch we drove to the hotel to see if they would let us in early, our luck finally found us because they said yes and it was nap time! After our long nap Brianna had a treat for Lisa and me, THE PINEAPPLE BAR... wow... ok wow was not a good wow! We were by far the youngest ones there! We "had" to buy two drinks.. no really they made us. They were expensive and not very sanitary...lol.... But with the three hours we were at the bar we got to sing twice...yep TWICE.. crazy! So I was surprised on the drive home that i really had as much fun as we did with what we had to work with... Good job girls way to turn lemons in to lemonade... WITH A TWIST.... ha ha
Our first day at Disney was short but a lot of fun... I so wish Bri could have come with us! After all the rides, shows, and churros... It was off the Universal Studios for more rides, shows, and churros. Now for one of my favorite parts of the trip... Brianna and Addi time..... Brianna came and picked me up about three, we made it home just in time for the Easter egg hunt.. Addi was still asleep when we got there, her nap was not over but we woke her and made her really grumpy! I missed her and Brianna so so much! I loved how they did the egg hunt.. it was more like a treasure hunt! Only a few plastic eggs cover the yard, most of the goodies were candy and toys.... Addi loved the suckers! At one point i think she had eight suckers in one hand it was so cute. After the "egg" hunt we got to chill and spend time together. Brianna's Mom made and awesome dinner.. and an even better desert. We watched Bolt, Journey to the center of the earth, and some chick flick that i still need to finish. Before i knew it it was time to leave and i got sad... yes tears people TEARS! I miss my Bri so so much! Her little rey of sunshine Addi is getting so big and I am missing it! It hurts my heart that we can't see each other more often. I am so thankful for her friends ship and laughter she brings into my life!!! MISS YA GIRL!!!
The drive home was pretty bad, I got to sit in the front this time (poor Brian) but the temp was pretty could right in front of the air vents so no sleep again on our long...long ...long drive. As we pulled up home i was so exhausted, and surprised my vacation was over.
Thanks to The Adams and The Lipinski's for letting me tag along and Much Love to the Olsen Family miss ya already!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment